This a great, healthful side dish for any Mexican-themed meal. They would also be a great addition to a vegetarian burrito or quesadilla!
Black Magic Beans
Pair these with your favorite Mexican-themed meal (like my tasty tequila-marinated chicken fajitas!)
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the garlic, jalapeno, and shallot in a medium-sized pan over medium heat with a little EVOO until tender (about 3-4 minutes)
- Stir in the chipotle in adobo, cumin, black beans, and salt and pepper
- Heat through for just a couple of minutes
- Sprinkle with lime juice, stir once more, and transfer to a serving plate
- Chipotle in adobo is canned and can be found in the Hispanic food section of just about any grocery store. I transfer it from the can to a small plastic container that lives in my freezer. It's super easy to slice off a chunk any time it's needed in a recipe and then none of it goes to waste!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.