Last night was gym night, which meant we wanted an extra healthful dinner – you know, so we didn’t undo all the hard work we just put in! What came out of the kitchen was a delightful mix of fresh, colorful veggies, lean protein, herbs, citrus, and “good” fats. And after leaving all my energy at the gym, it was an added benefit that this was super simple to put together – so simple that I never planned to post it, but Mike insisted. =)
This really should be called Refrigerator Salad, since that’s what it is – a mix of miscellaneous ingredients that were just hanging out in the fridge. So feel free to add, change, or exclude any ingredients as you see fit (or as the contents of your fridge dictate)!
- 1-1½ cup of your favorite lettuce mix (I used a mix of Butter Lettuce and Baby Spinach), torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup Sugar Snap Peas, cut into thirds
- 8 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Avocado, cubed
- 2 ounces Rotisserie Chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Feta Cheese
- ½ tablespoon of your favorite Olive Oil (I used Jalapeno Olive Oil)
- ½ tablespoon of your favorite Balsamic Vinegar (I used Cucumber - sounds strange, but it's delicious!)
- ¼ Lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon of your favorite chopped herbs (I used Basil and Oregano)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Drop the lettuce and veggies in your favorite salad bowl.
- Whisk or shake the dressing ingredients until well mixed.
- Top, toss, & enjoy!
- Give your lime a firm roll on the counter with the heel of your hand or zap it in the microwave for about 10 seconds. This will help get the juices flowing!