Magic Dust seasoning is primarily used for Taylor Tots, but I always have a batch ready to go in case a recipe needs a little Tayloring. It’s a versatile mix of sweet, salty, spicy, and smoky. It makes for great candied bacon, roasted Brussels sprouts, or sautéed green beans, but it’s also perfect on chicken and pork (I’ll leave it up to you to try it with salmon, as I am very anti-fish). Try it the next time you’re looking to add new flavor to an old dish!
- 1 c Brown Sugar
- 3½ T Seasoning Salt
- 4½ t Ancho Chile Powder (or any other smoky seasoning. This isn't a deal breaker - if you don't have it, don't worry!)
- 1 t Cayenne Pepper (adjust to match your spice tolerance)
- Mix ingredients together in a small Tupperware container, spice jar, or zip-lock bag.
- Mix ingredients together and heat on low with ½ c water until dry ingredients dissolve into the water.
- Let cool before using.
- Store in a small Tupperware container in the fridge.
- Store your dry mix with a friendly little sugar bear to keep it soft!