Is there anything better in the summer than enjoying a nice chilled glass of sangria…you know, other than enjoying the wine-soaked fruit at brunch the next morning! 😉 Sangria is playful, classic, and oh so pretty! It begs to be savored among friends over conversations of fabulous summer travel plans and exotic sandy beaches. How can you feel guilty about enjoying a glass or three of sangria? It’s the perfect adult fruit salad!
I really love how versatile sangria is. You can use almost any combination of wine and fruit and still come up with a tasty and refreshing concoction. Just be sure to find yourself a distraction while you wait for all the fruity, delicious magic to happen!
- Granny Smith Apple
- Peach or Nectarine
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple, thinly sliced into strips
- ⅓ cup each of any or all of the following (depending on your tastes and preferences): 99 Apples (apple schnapps), Pineapple Rum, Grand Marnier
- 1-2 bottles of your favorite crisp White Wine (I used Pinot Grigio this time, but I've also used Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc with equally great results)
- ¼ cup simple syrup (the fruit typically adds enough sweetness for my taste, but sometimes this addition just feels right)
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher, stir, and chill for several hours (or overnight if you can contain yourself!)